Create the Backyard You Want with Trimscapes Paving Services
Professional paving services are a great way to achieve the outdoor structures you want, from patios to pool decks to walkways and more. Paving stones are versatile and durable and allow you to create bespoke solutions for the leisure spaces in your garden. Trimscapes offers a wide range of paver designs and can work with you to come up with the perfect arrangement for your property.
Benefits of Paving Services in Brisbane
Interlocking pavers have been used for thousands of years to create pathways and other outdoor surfaces. Today, of course, we have many more options, but pavers remain one of the best for patios, walkways, decks, and more. Here’s why.
- They’re durable and long-lasting. Pavers are designed to be flexible and undulate with movement; hence they won’t crack. They are also resistant to root growth, earthquakes, frost, and erosion. Pavers are low maintenance and will continue looking fabulous for years to come.
- They’re versatile. Today’s pavers come in a vast selection of possible materials, shapes, styles, and colours. From the old-world charm of cobblestones to natural slate textures to classic brick, there’s a look to suit every need, preference, and taste.
- They’re eco-friendly. Unlike non-permeable materials, pavers act as a sort of filter for runoff, helping to minimise pollution. The interlocking stones allow water (and good bacteria) to drain through, removing toxins before they can reach local bodies of water.
Myths About Paver Installation
If you love the look of pavers but have heard negative things about them, then it’s time to separate fact from fiction. Here are some common misconceptions about pavers that you can safely disregard.
- Pavers become uneven over time. The truth is that, when the paver base is installed correctly, the pavers won’t shift much at all over their lifespan. If settling does occur, it’s easy to fix by considering the problem area and replacing the affected pavers.
- Pavers aren’t a good choice for pool decking. Because pavers are separate units that are easy to remove one at a time, they’re perfect for pool decks, where problems can occur in the pipes or skimmer. If an issue occurs under a rigid material, such as concrete, it’s a bigger deal.
- Pavers encourage weed growth. If you’re concerned about weeds growing unchecked around your pavers, don’t. Pavers are installed using materials such as joint sand that don’t leave space for weeds to flourish. Be sure to have your pavers installed by experienced professionals, who will ensure that they do not loosen over time and form cracks that could allow falling seeds to germinate.